Whether you’re a die-hard football fan or just in it for the commercials, serving up the classic football snacks on Super Bowl Sunday is a given. Thankfully, from burgers and wings to nachos and dips, all of your football favorites can be made vegan. So if you’re thinking about veganizing your Super Bowl Snack lineup, check out some of my favorite vegan Game Day bites below!
Loaded Nachos with Dairy-Free Queso
- Tortilla chips
- One 8 oz. package of Seitan bites (option: Franklin Farms Vegan Seitan Cubes)
- One 15 oz. can Black beans
- One Avocado
- One Lime
- Non-dairy queso of choice (option: Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso-Style Cashew Dip)
- Jalapeño (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat up black beans in a small saucepan and season with a pinch of salt. (Optional: add a pinch of chili powder for extra spice).
- Pan fry seitan crumbles for 4–5 minutes. (Optional: add pinch of cumin and chili powder for extra flavor.)
- Prepare guacamole: mash avocado with lime juice and salt.
- Pour dairy-free queso of choice into microwave safe bowl and heat for 1–2 minutes, until hot.
- Arrange chips on a large plate or basking dish and add toppings. (Option: toss seitan crumbles and black beans over chips first, then drizzle dairy-free queso, add salsa and guacamole on either side of baking dish, next, sprinkle jalapeño slices, and diced tomato, and lastly, garnish with cilantro; optional: top off with a drizzle of hot sauce or extra dairy-free queso.)
Spicy Seitan Bites
- One 8 oz. package of Seitan
- Two tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
- Two eggs worth of JUST Egg (or other egg replacement)
- Two cups Oat flour (or arrowroot starch for gluten-free)
- Whisk together two eggs worth of JUST Egg and hot sauce. (Optional: red pepper flakes and/or chili powder for extra spice and flavor).
- Put the flour into a large Ziplock bag. (Optional: add pinch of black pepper to taste).
- Dredge seitan bites into the “egg” mixture then toss into the Ziplock bag of flour.
- Fry in oil, flipping occasionally. (Optional: use a deep fryer at 350° for 5–8 minutes until light brown and crispy or an air fryer).
- When ready, remove seitan bites from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate or tray.
- Place seitan bites into a bowl, pour a generous helping of Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer seitan bites onto a plate.
- Dip into vegan ranch (option: The Honest Stand Sriracha Ranch Plant Based Dip) and enjoy!
Stacked Veggie Burgers
- Veggie patty of your choice (options: spicy black bean burgers, Beyond Burgers, Impossible Burgers, etc.)
- Ketchup & Mustard (optional)
- Pan fry your veggie burgers per instructions.
- Toast burger buns slightly, until warm.
- Stack with toppings and condiments of choice. (Option: Mustard on top bun followed by pickles, patty on bottom bun followed by tomato slices, avocado slices, and grilled onion strips.)
To complete your Super Bowl Snack lineup, opt for dairy-free Ranch of your choice (or hummus) instead of traditional Ranch dip for your veggies and chips, and you’ve got yourself an easy and completely vegan Super Bowl Sunday feast! Here’s to a vegan-friendly Game Day (and a win for the Bucks)!
Until next time,